Combat Arms Nexus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Combat Arms' Other Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Create-A-Forum Creature

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
Ghost

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Create-A-Forum Creature Empty
PostSubject: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 pm

I was talking about having one of these in my forum suggestion thread, and DeathByCyanide said he would sticky this, since it sounds like a good idea.

A lot of good forums I've been to have had a mythical and mysterious "forum creature." For example, Bungie.net has a magical fish known as "Soffish." Also, the Podtacular forums has a mysterious creature known as "Nay Nay."

Pretend that these creatures are like the Loch Ness monster or Sasquatch. Little to no information is known about them. They live in complete and total mystery, and more and more info on them is learned all the time.

I'm suggesting that we make up a forum creature for this forums (as a joke) to confuse and bewilder other members (when this forum makes it big, of course). The "creature" will make random appearances on the forums in un-patternized times to bestow it's intellect and majesty unto a few randomly selected threads, only to then disappear again into it's mysterious void.

Now since the forums is still very small, we can select one of us to become this mysterious creature. The member who has access to this creature can then do his role to keep our members in confusion. So confused, that sometimes they'll say : "That was wierd... Maybe it was <insert creature name here>."

Now what I need you guys to do, is to make up our forum creature.

Here is how you must submit your creature to the contest:

Form Submisson:

1. Creature name - Make up a name for our forum creature. It must be simple, and short. Only one or two words, but it must be strange and unknown.
2. Creature background - Give it a short biography. Say a little about what it looks like (since no one really knows what it looks like.

And that's all you have to do. I think that if we do get a forum creature, that we should also make a "<insert creature name here> Research Center" board, and we can select a few choice members to become "<insert creature name here> Researchers" (a special usergroup that only a few are invited to), and they can "research" (post random stuff about the creature, as long as it's intellectual and very classy, etc.) the creature. Then, all others can comment on their work in this board. But for now, let's just see if we can make up a forum creature.

So get started! Make up the legendary forum creature for the Combat Arms Solar Nexus forums now!

~ Ghost
Back to top Go down
http://swb2theguardians.webs.com/
DeathByCyanide
GFX Artist & Admin
DeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:03 pm

Sticked.

Hrmm. What about a lemur? D:

Or does it have to be made-up animal?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:10 pm

DeathByCyanide wrote:
Sticked.

Hrmm. What about a lemur? D:

Or does it have to be made-up animal?

It can be like a cross of something. Like, part lemur, part shark. I dunno. Be creative =P

P.S. Thanks for the sticky =D!
Back to top Go down
DeathByCyanide
GFX Artist & Admin
DeathByCyanide

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Lemur/Shark sounds amazing to me. D:!
Back to top Go down
Dad
CAPTAIN 2ND
CAPTAIN 2ND
Dad

Number of posts : 369

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 pm

I think it should be English. From Surrey, same place as Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Dad wrote:
I think it should be English. From Surrey, same place as Harry Potter.

You mean from the land of tea and crumpets? Sounds like a jolly good idea!

~ Ghost
Back to top Go down
DeathByCyanide
GFX Artist & Admin
DeathByCyanide

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:51 pm

To the people who suggest mixed animals.
I could photoshop a shark-fin onto a lemur.
So be creative.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:59 pm

DeathByCyanide wrote:
To the people who suggest mixed animals.
I could photoshop a shark-fin onto a lemur.
So be creative.

I'd love to see something like that. However, at first we don't exactly have to reveal what the forum creature really is. As time goes on, our "scientists" can release more info on what it is, and what it's motives are. All in due time, and it'll come down the road with kicks and giggles.

~ Ghost
Back to top Go down
DeathByCyanide
GFX Artist & Admin
DeathByCyanide

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Ghost wrote:
I'd love to see something like that. However, at first we don't exactly have to reveal what the forum creature really is. As time goes on, our "scientists" can release more info on what it is, and what it's motives are. All in due time, and it'll come down the road with kicks and giggles.

~ Ghost

Exactly. But I assume the forum creature will be shared by atleast 3 people or more.
SIN, You, and I. Since you suggested it.

Will the forum creature make random posts/quotes?
Will he respond to the thread normally?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
FIRST LIEUTENANT 5TH
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:17 pm

DeathByCyanide wrote:
Ghost wrote:

~ Ghost

Exactly. But I assume the forum creature will be shared by atleast 3 people or more.
SIN, You, and I. Since you suggested it.

Will the forum creature make random but insightful posts?
Or random quotes? Will he respond to the thread normally?

It will seem like an ascended being. It will respond in a more higher and intellectual way, in a near mythical way. He will seem detached from all feelings, and he will be all-knowing. But it's wrath will be strong, if you dare cross it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create-A-Forum Creature   Create-A-Forum Creature I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Forum Creature
Page 1 of 1